Thursday, October 7, 2010

Are we in Junior High?

It's Customer Service Week, and there is all kinds of frivolity going on at the old workplace; banner making, cheer creating, song composition. It's a sad mixture of "Go Team!" and "High School Musical". Which creates more excitement than "A Barrel Full of Monkeys". (Sarcasm there.. did you find it?)

Tomorrow, at 3PM, there will be a CLOSING CEREMONY. Yes. You heard me. There will be speeches, and awards. And there will be a procession; the FLAG/Banner Procession. With music. And cheers. Oh the horror.

We are all to wear blue pants (jeans are OK unless really faded) and red shirts (preferably ALL red... not a print with some red in it). IF we know where our Company baseball cap is, we may wear that as well.

Are you kidding me? A PARADE? With UNIFORMS?

Did we suddenly all become TWELVE YEARS OLD? (Although I doubt my 12 year old niece would participate, unless forced under threat of pain or no internet for several weeks, in a parade.)

I... have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. And even if the doctor sticks me with the BIGGEST NEEDLE on this planet, or makes me sicker than someone who ate bad sushi then went on the Tilt-A-Whirl at the local carnival, I am glad to be going to see him. Because even though they SAY, "Participation in this activity is strictly voluntary and is not a condition of employment.", I do not believe them. They will MAKE me march in their silly parade.

And I am not having it.

1 comment:

  1. What, no Pinata? No Goldfish pingpong ball toss game? What about poker with cookies for chips?

    ReplyDelete