Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I can't believe this...

Maybe I shouldn't be quite so surprised by the whole thing, but I am. You see, for over a year, I have been dealing with some issues regarding collateral for a loan I booked. A loan for a client of the most lazy (and apparently untruthful) Relationship Manager ever.

It's been a long drawn out process. When the monthy MISSING ITEMS report goes out, I always get a call. Whine, whine, whine, and more whine. A girl could get really drunk on all this whine. Seriously!

Many months ago he faxed some signed documents to my attention. He then emailed me, alerting me to the fact that he had sent them, and stating that he would place them in an interoffice bag for me to have the next day. Days went by. No documents. I, of course, called him and questioned him about the delivery method (interoffice? or Fed Ex?). "Fed Ex, of course!", he said. (an attempt to place blame on someone else perhaps?) I calmly asked for the tracking number, and he said he'd call me back. He never did. Except when his boss got the MISSING ITEMS report for the next month. And we would start all over again.

Today I received an email from him, with the scanned documents. This was followed by a voice mail message, and before I could call him back, another call.

"Did you see? I sent you the documents in email!" He sounded so pleased with himself. Did he not remember that he had yelled at me for losing his documents? Did he forget that he told me HE HAD SENT them VIA FED EX over a year ago? How forgetful does he think I am? or does he just think that I am stupid? What the HECK?

So I thanked him (amazing that I was able to hold my tongue and not scream at him), and asked that he send the originals to my attention via interoffice. Then I turned his attention to the fact that we did not have the original Title for the collateral in question. STILL.

"But I took the paperwork to the Dept of Licensing myself! Surely you have it by now!" I assured him that we did not. But, I offered to call the DOL to check on the status.

I guess it won't surprise you that he said, "NO! I will go down there myself today and get this cleared up." My guess is that he lied about taking the paperwork to DOL too.

Anyone want to take bets on this?

I really hate liars. Stupid liars are worse. (At least TRY to be smart about it.)

1 comment:

  1. ... I'm a bit confused. This borrower is a friend of your Manager?

    If yes, why isn't the Manager taking care of the fact that his/her friend has failed to do anything to protect his/her own integrity for speaking for the borrower?

    I'm sorry you are frustrated with this. If this were the 1920s, you could just call Guido or Vinnie to go break the guy's legs.

    ReplyDelete