Monday, July 12, 2010

tap tap... anyone there?

The young gentleman sitting near me (not the work boyfriend - that's another story for another day) has an interesting habit of tapping. As he walks to the printer (just outside of my cubicle) he taps the metal casing around my cubicle entrance. On the way back to his desk, he taps it again.

It's not just *tap*. It's *tap TAP*; with gusto!

A few months have gone by since I was first moved to this cubicle, and I thought (silly me - thinking again!) I might get used to it. Sadly, it's just becoming more and more annoying. And kind of nerve racking.

When I asked him about it... he feigned ignorance. "Do you REALLY not know that you tap?" I asked incredulously.

"I tap?" he said sarcastically.

"Yep." I answered firmly. And just five minutes later I pointed it out when he did it. "See?!?!?!! You TAP!"

"I'll try to watch out for that... and stop." he said with laughter in his voice.

*tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP* *tap TAP*

Apparently stopping is not going to happen.

1 comment: