Monday, July 26, 2010

it's all about "ME" right now...

I thought that it was common sense.

When one of your employees comes to you, visibly upset, in crisis mode, beyond words to express how angry she is at the "way things are"... it's really NOT the time to tell her the following things:

  • Things are only going to get worse, because there are some CHANGES coming; changes that she has fought against because it will make our job more difficult than EVER.
  • There are no plans to hire ANYONE else, even though our workload has doubled in the last year.
  • "YOU take things too personally.  Let it roll off your back."
I am tired.  If I didn't need the health care, and well... a JOB... I would drive far away and stay there.


1 comment:

  1. :O THINGS? What things? I'd be worried about what that is so VAGUELY implying? WHAT does it MEAN?

    ReplyDelete